Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Hugo with the flow

Hi, here's a ceramic sculpture I made back in 2012 called "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine".
This work is available in the upcoming TCB gallery fundraiser exhibition happening this Saturday May 11th from 2-8pm. TCB gallery is located at 1 Wilkinson street in Brunswick. All funds raised goes towards making their bathrooms wheelchair accessible. 

In other news, I'd like to give a huge thanks to everyone who came and said hi as I painted a mural at the Ian Potter Museum last Saturday afternoon, it was so much fun!

Here's a pic of Ramesh and I painting together, clearly displaying once and for all who's got the bigger paintbrush.
And in more super exciting news, next week I'm heading to Adelaide for my new solo show at Hugo Michell Gallery! The exhibition opens Thursday May 16th, from 6-8pm. Come along! Looking forward to sharing with you some of the new sculptures I've been making.

In the meantime though thanks heaps for reading, hopefully see you soon and I hope the rest of your week totally rules!

Speaking of things totally ruling, here's a sneak peak at one of my new works in the exhibition- a ceramic sculpture of a 31cm ruler, for all those times when a 30cm ruler just isn't quite long enough.

31cm ruler
32.5 x 3 x 0.5cm. Acrylic on kiln fired earthenware ceramic. 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment