Thursday, April 11, 2019

Roles right off the tounge

Hi, here's some new ceramic sculptures of flat batteries.
These sculptures are in my solo show at Mars Gallery, which is still on for a couple more days until this Saturday April 13th. If you're feeling a bit flat and would like a little bit of a recharge, come check it out!


Oh also, another thing you could check out is the latest Art Collector magazine (issue 88), which very excitingly features a six page article about my work!

A huge thanks to Jane O'Sullivan for writing such a wonderful piece, and also a huge thanks to Zan Wimberley for dropping by my studio and taking such great photos, including this one of me with a ceramic chip on my shoulder.
Photo by Zan Wimberley
Another thanks I'd like to say this week is to Bunjil Place gallery in Narre Warren, who invited me to give a one hour artist talk this week to the Arts Agitators, a youth group of artists aged 15 to 25.

It was a great evening spent with great people at a great gallery. Really great all round.
In other super exciting news, I have an upcoming solo exhibition at Hugo Michell gallery opening next month on Thursday, May 16th!

I'll talk more about it when it gets a little closer but if you happen to be in Adelaide then please come say hi!

In the meantime though thanks so much for reading and I hope your week is rolling along nicely!


Speaking of rolling, here's a new work titled Role Play. This piece is in my solo show on at Mars gallery and features a ceramic sculpture
 of a Chiko Roll, a sausage roll and a toilet roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment