Thursday, February 29, 2024

Thinking outside the Ox

Hi there, hope you're going well!

It's the final week to see the group show Question The Spaceon now until March 1st at Walker Street Gallery in Dandenong, Victoria. The exhibition's curated by Esther Gyorki and features lots of great artists including the Guerrilla Girls, Rachel Burke and TextaQueen.

Showing alongside a new series of ceramic sculpture, one of my other new works in the exhibition is a video piece called 
Ox-tober.
Photo by Emmy Clifton

For the work I set myself the challenge to draw an ox every day of the month, from October 1st to 31st. I've then presented the 31 drawings chronologically in an udderly ox-hilarating video.

I've just uploaded Ox-tober online so if you're unable to make it into the gallery you can now view the work here.


In other news, there's just three weeks left to see the Darebin Art Prizeon now until March 23rd at Bundoora Homestead Art Centre.

I'm so pleased to have my piece 
The World's Gone Pear Shaped selected as a finalist, presented in such a fantastic space alongside so many great artists.

The World's Gone Pear Shaped
300cm x 200cm x 200cm
Durable PVS coated vinyl. Fan. Lighting.
2022
Photo by Emmy Clifton

Thanks so much for reading, hope you're having an ox-cellent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment