Wednesday, July 03, 2019

KitKat got your tounge

Hi, hope you're really well, just thought I'd say hello and share a few things I've been up to.

Today I got to be the Artist In Residence on the ABC Arts Show!

At the start of the interview I made a ceramic sculpture of a potato.
And then during the interview I sculpted the ceramic potato into a ceramic potato chip. 
As I was leaving the wonderful ABC studios a security guard looked at my ceramic chips and the chopping board I'd been working on and asked "So, you're a chef?" To which I replied, "Yep!"
A huge thanks to writer and broadcaster Fiona Gruber for inviting me on, it was an incredible opp-chip-chewnity, and to producer Alice Walker for taking the photos, I really appre-chip-ate it! To have a listen to the podcast just click here.

In other news, here's a new ceramic sculpture I made of a book about the brilliant architect photographer John Gollings.

I first met John Gollings back in 2015. He was working on a book about the Nicholas Building, and my studio was in the Nicholas Building, so John dropped by to take some pictures.

Here's a photo of John and I in my studio in 2015.

And four years later here we are just last weekend, where John was kind enough to autograph my sculpture.
Huge thank you to John for his wonderful generosity, (or should I say, John-erosity!)

In other news I've just completed seven weeks of teaching ceramics and painting to year 11 and year 12 art students at the VCA secondary school. A huge thanks to all the staff for having me, and to the students for being so committed and producing some fantastic work. 
Anyway thanks so much for reading and hope you're having a nice week choc full of fun.

Speaking of choc, to finish up here's a recent commission I made of some ceramic KitKat sculptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment