Monday, June 15, 2020

The pear necessities

Hi, hope you're really well!

I just wanted to start by saying I wholeheartedly support the Black Lives Matter movement happening in America and all around the world. We still have a very long way to go in terms of respecting and learning from the Indigenous people of Australia and my eyes and ears are remaining open to listening and learning this week and all weeks. 

I'd also like to acknowledge the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation, whose land I'm currently working on, and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging, who have been creating art here for thousands of years.

Here's a new ceramic sculpture of a flat earth balloon.
2020
14 x 3 x 5cm. Acrylic on ceramic. 2020

This piece, called "Feeling a bit deflated", is included in the FBI Radio online fundraiser auction, starting today and on until June 26.

I'm so pleased to be able to help support such an important community radio station alongside 70 incredible artists including Abdul Abdullah, Joan Ross, Tony Albert, Zoe Wong, Jason Phu, Ken Done, Lynda Draper, Reg Mombassa, Lindy Lee, Phil James, Mike Parr, Tom Polo, Pru Stent and Honey Long, Deborah Kelly, Nathan Beard, Barbara Cleveland, TV Moore, Megan Cope and so many more.

You can place a bid on my piece, and see all the available artworks, by clicking here!


In other exciting news, a new Drop-By Drawing video I recorded back in March with the National Gallery of Victoria has just been posted on the NGV's youtube channel.
You can watch it here;

And in fun news related news, here's a pic of me on the news this morning giving a quick drawing lesson to the weather presenter!
Huge thanks to the NGV, and also Channel 9's Today Show, for inviting me to drop by the national gallery at 5.30am this morning to make some drawings on live tv!

And so to finish today's blog post, here's a pic of Tim the weather presenter holding up a drawing I made of a pear. 

Thanks so much for reading, I really a-pear-ciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment