Monday, August 31, 2026

Worth its weight in bronze

Hi, I'm so excited to introduce you to my new bronze sculpture called Maxibronze!

Maxibronze
Bronze
13.3cm x 3cm x 6cm
Edition of 3 (Plus 2 AP)
2026

This piece explores themes of joy and value, playfully elevating the everyday mundane and questioning if the experience of a humble service station ice-cream is worth its weight in bronze.

I'm really looking forward to showing this piece, among other new bronze works, with MARS Gallery at the upcoming Sydney Contemporary art fair from September 3-6!

Photo by Emmy Clifton

To preview the gallery catalogue click here!

For sales enquiries email lucy@marsgallery.com.au

Maxibronze
Bronze
13.3cm x 3cm x 6cm
Edition of 3 (Plus 2 AP)
2026

Along with this, I'll also be showing a new series of nine bronze little signs.

Photo by Emmy Clifton
Sometimes You Just Need A Little Sign
Enamel and acrylic on bronze
8.6cm x 5.5cm
Edition of 3 (Plus 2 AP)
2026

I'll also be presenting my life-sized bronze sculpture Throw Caution To The Wind, alongside a new little bronze sculpture called Throw (a little) Caution To The Wind, for those still feeling just a little cautious. 
Throw Caution To The Wind
Enamel and acrylic on bronze
57.5cm x 29.6cm x 42cm
Edition of 3 (Plus 2 AP)
2025

Throw (a little) Caution To The Wind
Enamel and acrylic on bronze
9.5cm x 5cm x 6.5cm
Edition of 3 (Plus 2 AP)
2026

During the fair I'll be participating in an artist talk, speaking alongside artists The Huxleys and moderated by curator Alison Kubler, on Friday September 4th at 4pm. Come along if you can!

For more info
click here!

I'll also be doing an artist talk at the MARS Gallery stand on Saturday September 5th at 11.30am. Would love to see you there!

For more info
click here!


In other news, thanks so much to everyone who saw my work in the recent Polaroid exhibition at MARS Gallery, curated by Ruby Vaggelas.

Photo by Emmy Clifton

I'm so pleased to share that all my works were snapped up into new homes, and the exhibition raised an amazing total of $10,000 for Living Positive Victoria, a not-for-profit for people living with HIV in Victoria.

A Little Sign (white on blue)
Enamel and acrylic on bronze
8.6cm x 5.5cm
Edition of 3 (Plus 2 AP)
2026

Thanks so much for reading, and thanks for signing up, hopefully see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment