Saturday, August 22, 2015

A gallery worth its weight in Gold Class

Hey pal, tonight the Melbourne gallery TCB are having a fundraiser exhibition and you're invited!

Here's an image of the flyer so you can see the list of all your favourite artists who are in the show.
Here I am with the flyer which is currently pasted onto the front of TCB.
Here's the flyer for the show as seen on TCB's instagram.
My buddy Dan deleted his instagram, so here he is holding an actual flyer instead.
And here's Dan and I eating ramen.
Forget Everybody loves Raymond, more like Everybody loves ramen.
Ha, but so yeah, I'm in the TCB fundraiser. And very proud to be, I love TCB, it's one of those galleries that always feels like home. And not just because when I co-curated a show at their back in 2013 I sneakily slept at the place a bunch of times.
All of the work in the TCB fundraiser is selling for cheap, with all of the funds raised going towards TCB keeping their 2016 exhibiting fees at the same price they are now despite the increase in rent. 

So if you have a show at TCB in 2016, then please feel free to take me out for ramen to say thanks.

But even if you can't afford to buy me ramen, let alone buy any art from the fundraiser, you should definitely still come to TCB tonight anyway for a good time and to check out a great show.

The piece I've made for the show is titled "Two Gold Class Movie Tickets". It's a set of two paintings, both are acrylic on board, and 15 x 7cm. Here's a photo of them.
Here's another photo of them but this time in the background there's 4 guys watching 2 girls play air hockey.
The paintings are based on two Gold Class tickets I once got for a birthday, unfortunately I never used the tickets and they expired back in June 2014. I guess I should've tried harder to find a hot date to take to the movies, (or I should've just gone to the movies twice by myself).

I've never actually seen a movie in Gold Class, which makes it extra frustrating that the vouchers have expired. Maybe I'll call up Village and see how lenient they are on the whole expiration date thing, although I suspect I'd have a better chance at getting in by using my new paintings.

Speaking of which, here I am about to give the paintings a try. 
The ticket person was great, he laughed and said he really wanted to let me through but he'd better not.Even though the ticket man didn't technically let me pass he did leave his post unattended.  Here I am trying to use his scanner on my paintings but the stubborn thing refused to acknowledge my painted barcodes.
After that I went and got popcorn and bought a real movie ticket  not gold class off course, just regular old riffraff class. 

When I came back to the ticket post there was now a new ticket person there, so before giving her my real ticket I figured I'd try the painting again.
This ticket person was really awesome as well, and this time she actually asked me if we could have our photo taken.
Check out the photobomber in that photo.

Ha, look how pleased he was as he cruised past us.
But don't worry, I wasn't about to let him get away with that, because amazingly only moments later the photobomber was now having his photo taken with his family and I was able to duck into the background and photobomb him!

The photobomber becomes the photobombee.
Ha, but ok, putting aside my killer phombombing win, I should really get back to the main point of this blog post which is to say please come to the TCB fundraiser tonight. 

TCB is at 12 Waratah Place in Melbourne CBD. It goes from 4-8pm, and then after that there's an after party at Hells Kitchen bar from 9pm onwards. Come say hi! 

If you cant make the opening though the show runs for a week and is up until August 29.

And if my paintings haven't already been snatched up by a powerful and influential art collector by the time you arrive then please buy my two gold class movie tickets; here's an add for them that they played during the trailers at the movies.
Thanks so much for reading and hope to see you tonight. TCB there or TCB square!

No comments:

Post a Comment