Friday, January 17, 2014

Comfortably Mag-numb

Hey hot shot, how've you been?

I know, I know, hot shot isn't a very cool thing to call you, but in my defence it's pretty hard to be cool when it's 46 degrees on the old celsius thermometer.

One good way to be cool though is to have ice-cream, and so to distract us both from endlessly going on about the weather here's a photo of my sculpture of a Peppermint Magnum.
It's acrylic on ceramic and wood, 14 x 5 x 3cm, and I made it a couple of years ago.

Here's another photo of the sculpture, taken in front of the beach.
Ha, no just kidding, that photo was just taken in front of my t-shirt. Good one Kenny.

Here's a photo of the sculpture actually taken in front of the beach.
There was an article in the Epicure section of the Herald Sun about a week ago with the statistic that apparently every year over 100 million Magnum ice-cream's are eaten in Australia.

I was thinking about that this afternoon and I decided that this is a statistic I'm going to be a part of. 

So often in life I get excluded from all the important things that matter, but not this time, no sir-ee, not this statistic.

So I went to the milk bar and I bought a Peppermint Magnum... Actually I went to two milk bars, the first milk bar I went to, my very favourite milk bar, they closed today due to some family reason.
But so I went to a different milk bar and I bought a Peppermint Magnum, I ate it, it was delicious, and I'd now like to put it on record that I'm officially a part of the statistic of 100 million magnums having been eaten in Australia in 2014. 
Here I am in the milk bar trying my hardest to be cool.
So yeah, splash out and have a Magnum yourself sometime this week if you can, it's pretty darn yummy to be a part of the statistic. 

And sure, some cone head might waffle on about how 100 million Magnum's a year doesn't reflect well on the health of our country, and of course that cone head would be absolutely right, but at the same time there's a lot worse things Australians could be buying 100 million of every year.

Actual magnums, for example, imagine if we bought 100 million of them a year, now that would be bad for our health.
21 x 29cm, acrylic and pencil on A4 225gsm paper, 2014.

Ha, but ok, enough about ice-cream and guns, to finish off this blog post here's a drawing of by far the coolest Magnum of all time; Tom Selleck, staring as Thomas Magnum in the great 1980's American T.V series Magnum, P.I.
21 x 29cm, acrylic on A4 225gsm paper, 2014.

Thanks so much for reading, and until next time, eat an ice-cream, buy a hundred million guns, watch Tom Selleck, whatever Magnum it takes to keep cool while you hang ten on this heat wave and remain the hot shot that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment