Sunday, June 02, 2013

LOL OMG BFF SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT

Hey good looking, great to see you, today I accidentally bought a mirror.

I was driving past the Ferntree Gully Arthur Dailey's Famous Clearance Warehouse Centre, and decided to call in.

After coming very close to buying a ten dollar santa clause piƱata, I decided against it and as I was making my way out of the store I spotted this must-have in the 48 cent section near the registers.
At first I thought it was just a terrible badge. It wasn't until after I'd bought it that I realised it was actually a terrible mirror keychain. 


I paid for the mirror keychain using card so that the 48 cents didn't get rounded up to fifty. It's what I do every time, it's my great money saving strategy. 

Although I guess an even greater money saving strategy might be to not buy mirror keychains at all. But that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

The man at the register didn't want to let me pay for it on card. He had to get his manager to make sure I was allowed to.

I was hoping his manager might've been the Arthur Dailey himself, but sadly it wasn't. I think the managers name was Brett. That's not even close to Arthur.

I don't want to brag too much but I have actually met the Arthur Dailey himself. He came to the grand opening of the store back in November.

It was a pretty big moment for me.
Ha, ok, anyway the other reason I'm writing is to let you know there's a couple of performances happening tomorrow, (Monday, June 3), in the Margaret Lawrence Gallery as part of the Third/Fourth Melbourne artist-facilitated biennial

It's at lunch time from 12 to 1.

I don't really know a whole lot about the performances, just that it's kind of noise art instrumental stuff. The first performance is by Legendary Hearts and the second is by Justin K Fuller.

But so yeah, if you missed the opening last Thursday these performances are a good excuse to come see the show and check out my work in it.

Anyway hope you've had a good weekend, thanks for reading, and if you think you might like to own my new mirror keyring thing then definitely let me know and it can be arranged. I think I've already gotten my 48 cents out of it.

1 comment:

  1. soooooooooooo tru u are soooooooooooo blogging about this

    ReplyDelete