Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crocodile rock!

Hey sharp tooth, how're ya?

I'll try and make this snappy, but I couldn't resist taking a quick break from writing my thesis to quickly fill you in on some news I'm really excited about.

One of my best buds and favourite musicians, Nelson Walkomhas his first full length album coming out really soon, and if that isn't exciting enough, I'm very proud to say that I was very privileged to have been asked to do the album art.

(I wrote "album art" instead of "cover art" because not only did I get to do the cover, but I also did inside the cover, as well the back of the CD, the actual CD itself, and even the bit underneath the CD!)

The album, put out under the name Grayling, is titled Crocodiles and Other People, and I've been listening to it on repeat, non stop, for the last three weeks. I love it so much. Nelson is really, really good.


Although I can't show you the album art just yet, I can show you this sneak peak image which features
 a detail of my painting that appears on the cover. 
Actually, here's one more little sneak peak, featuring another detail from the cover, as well as incorporating one of my all time favourite things in the world; using a pairs of eyes to function as a double o.
Also, not only did I get to design the CD, but amazingly, a song that I wrote the lyrics for is actually featuring on it!

You might remember the song, I've mentioned it on this blog before, but so basically on March 18, 2011, I watched the channel ten six o'clock news, and then I wrote a poem about it.

Here's the song.
The track on the album has been re-recorded and is a bit more up tempo than this version, at first I liked the old one a lot better but this new one is definitely growing on me. It's fun to compare the two.

But so yeah, a song I wrote will be available, (on iTunes and everything), on an actual produced and mastered album, presented amongst a handful of really incredible songs by a musician I love, and I got to design the album cover. How cool is that?! 

I'll keep you posted on the progress of Crocodiles and Other People, but in the meantime I really just wanted to mention that it's coming soon.

But anyway, yeah, to finish off this blog post here's a photo of Nels and I taken out the front after one of his gigs. 
We were doing our best to look like super cool rockstar icons so naturally we got our hands on a couple of cigarettes.
Thanks heaps for reading. See you later, alligator!



(If you're reading this relatively close to when I've put this up, I'll be sitting The Kenneth Biennale at TCB Gallery from 12-6 tomorrow, Thursday, June 13, so if you're in the area please drop in and say hi!)

No comments:

Post a Comment