Saturday, March 16, 2013

Blink and you'll miss it

Blog check 1, 2, 1, 2. Is this thing on? 

Hey rock star, two weeks ago on March 1st, everyones favourite punk pop band Blink 182 played at the Melbourne Soundwave Music Festival.

I went along, and with help from my amazing friend Cherie Peele, had the intention of filming 182 people blink. 

When I came up with the idea I didn't realise how big a job it would be. 182 is a actually a lot of people. 

We were working the entire time we were there, it was exhausting and I lost my voice from trying to explain what we were doing to people over the music. But Dammit, we did it. 

(That's meant to be a very clever and funny joke, because Dammit is the name of a Blink 182 hit single).

Asking someone to blink, just once, on film, was such a funny thing to do, for everyone involved.

Here's the video, hope you like it.
I think ideally this piece, 182 People Blinking at a Blink 182 Concert, follows a similar philanthropic investigation into contemporary life as Andy Warhol's Screen Tests, exploring just how much of a persons character can be revealed in a mere two second blink.

Despite this piece being entirely based on a pun, thanks to all of the incredible people that we met over the day I think Cherie and I ended up with something pretty cool that.

Thanks for watching, let me know what you blink of it.

2 comments: