Friday, December 14, 2012

un believable

Oh hi, how're you? I just got home, it's 3 in the morning, I'm writing this in blue because I just realised that this post, what you're about to read, the black writing, didn't go up today when I thought it did. That's ok, most of it is still relevant. It was a really great night, I'll write about it tomorrow, thanks so much to all my amazing friends who came, you guys are the best, I think I'll go make some tiger toast.

Hey, I should've mentioned this earlier, but come to The Alderman tonight! 

It's the magazine launch of the latest issue of un.
un is a biannually published art magazine. un is free. un is the best. And what's more, the latest thing that I'm very excited to brag about, is that this upcoming issue of un features an artist page by me.

The Alderman is at 134 Lygon Street, East Brunswick, Melbourne. So yeah, it's a hot day, come in sometime between 6 and 8pm, have a drink, get a free publication.

There'll be a big pile of un on the top floor, in the space where the Death Be Kind gallery used to be. There'll also be three video works playing in the space, as sort of a one night only exhibition.

One of the works is by the Sydney artist collective Brown Council, another is by Melbourne artist Lane Cormick, and the third video work is just by some guy, I forget his name, oh wait a sec, that's right, it's me.

I've always wanted to be in a show with Lane, hopefully this is the first of many. Here's a shot of Lanes video where he stacks eight million champagne glasses into a pyramid until eventually they shatter.
Just as I'd finished installing this piece I went down to the bar for a glass of water. As a dumb little reference to Lanes work I broke the glass and put it up against the wall in the gallery. Here's an awful photo of that.
Lane told me he hoped I'd had to pay five dollars for the broken glass, like he'd had to for each of the seventy five glasses that broke in his video.

But so yeah, tonight, please come along!

If you're not from Melbourne though, the worlds most liveable city, and instead are from Sydney, there's another un launch happening just for you this Saturday, (December 15), at my favourite non-Melbourne artist run space; Alaska.
Alaska's at Level 2 of the Kings Cross Car Park, 9a Elizabeth Bay Road, Elizabeth Bay.

For more information, this sentence is a link to the facebook events.

Hope you can make it to one of the launches. If not be sure to get your hands on a copy of the issue. un is the best, and I'm pretty chuffed to be in the latest issue.

That's all, thanks for reading, really hope to see you tonight. 

Hey, it's me again, the 3 in the morning just-got-home blue writing Kenny, I just thought you might like to know that I made the tiger toast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment