Sunday, December 30, 2012

SPOILER ALERT

Oh hey, how're you? I've been away for a bit; last week I spent a bunch of days in Brisbane, and then after that I spent a bunch of days in Sydney. 

In the space of five days I walked past the Melbourne Myer Christmas Windows, the Brisbane Myer Christmas Windows, and also the Sydney Myer Christmas Windows. I've had a very Myerry Christmas.

I didn't plan on seeing any of the windows, it just worked out that I did.

SPOILER ALERT, they're all the same.

But that's ok, because they're all great.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say 'hi', and also, just incase you haven't been spoilt enough this Christmas, here's a photo of every single spoiler that was in the Ferntree Gully Woolworth's car park at 3.46pm today.


Taking these spoiler photos made me think of the Indian artist Anish Kapoor. 

While I was in Sydney I saw the Anish Kapoor show they've got on at the Museum of Contemporary Art. 

Here's a photo of Kapoors piece Sky Mirror that's currently installed out the front of the gallery. 
It's a pretty great work; a 6 meter concaved mirror reflecting the sky, really simple and really beautiful.

As simple and beautiful as Kapoors piece is though, I think for me personally I was just as interested, if not more interested, in looking at the sky reflected in the back windscreens of the cars in the Ferntree Gully Woolworths car park.

Apparently Sky Mirror cost 900,000 pounds to make, so maybe Kapoor could've just used that money to buy a really cool car and parked that out the front of the gallery.

Or I don't know, maybe not, maybe that would spoil everything. 

I guess that's the difference between me and Anish Kapoor. I spoil stuff. 

Anyway, thanks for reading, hope everything's going good, see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man! Cool blog you have goin here, love that spoiler on the 2nd pic, reminds me of the one I had on my first commodore it was sick! Anyway keep it cool bro, catch.

    ReplyDelete