Sunday, October 07, 2012

Having friends in high(lander) places

Hey music lover, last Thursday night my buddy Nelson Walkom, with Simon Lowther on bass, played a gig at the Highlander bar in Melbourne. It was so good. Nelson is so good. If I were into guys I'd probably be his groupie.

Here's a recording of his performance of Nightly News, (the song I wrote the lyrics for).
That's my best bud Tom you can hear sitting next to me.

The whole gig was gnarly. And I don't use the word 'gnarly' flippantly. (I also don't use the word 'flippantly' flippantly).

Although the layout of the venue wasn't quite as intimate as the Open Studio gig I talked about here, there were heaps of people there on Thursday. Here's a photo I found on facebook that someone I don't know took from the night.
As well as being one of my very good pals, Nelbow is genuinely one of my favourite musicians, and so it's very exciting to be out in a hip bar watching him sing my hip lyrics.

I'll be sure to let you know when Nels next gig is, and when I do you really ought to come along. In the meantime though here's a photo of Nelson catching a meteor and saving the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment