Sunday, September 09, 2012

Seeing Sawhney

Hi, here's a video I made a week ago today.


So ok, here's the story;

Nitan Sawney played at the Arts Centre Hamer Hall in Melbourne on the 2nd of September, 2012. He and his band were amazing.

While listening to the music I made a drawing. 

As it was nearly pitch black it was tricky to do, but I was happy with how it turned out.

After the concert a 50-55 year old Indian man who'd been sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and told me that watching me draw had been the highlight of his week. 

He said a lot of really nice things, showed the drawing to his daughters and was incredibly enthusiastic and generous. 

The man asked me what I was planning on doing with the drawing and I told him I was thinking of maybe giving it to Sawney. He told me that I simply must.

thanked him again for the kind words and then he left.

It was only then I realised that he was the person I should've given the drawing to. I can't imagine anyone appreciating that drawing more than he did.

My friend and I hurried out into the lobby but there were people everywhere and he was nowhere to be seen.

So, reluctantly, I went back to the original plan and made my way up to the stage. I gave the drawing to the guy packing up the equipment, who told me he'd give it to Sawhney.

More so than if Nitin likes the drawing, I'd love to know if he's actually even seen it.

So if you're reading this Nitin Sawhney, (ha, which obviously you definitely are), be sure to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment