Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Blondes and brunettes have met their match

Hey hot shot, here's a new piece to get you all fired up, it's titled Red head

It's acrylic on ceramic and is 5.5  x  3.5  x  1.5 cm.
This piece is the latest in a series that aims to blur the distinctions between painting and sculpture, as well as pop art and realism.

Here it is hung next to a fire extinguisher.





































Here's another new piece. It's also acrylic on ceramic, and is 26 x 5 x 2.5cm

It's creatively titled Candle.





































Here's the two pieces in the supermarket near my studio, hiding amongst a bunch of Redhead goodies. 
I put the couple together, on top of a plinth, into the current show on at the Margaret Lawrence Gallery.

For the show the work is titled Hot datealthough I think if I ever re-exhibit it I'll change the title to A match made in Heaven.


Coincidentally, the opening of the exhibition was attended by a man who works for Redheads. The man took a photograph of the work and, after asking for my permission, put it onto the Redheads facebook page. How cool is that?! 

Click on this sentence and see the page.

I fell in to a burning ring of fire.

It's getting hot in here.

Game. Set. Match.

No comments:

Post a Comment