Thursday, June 28, 2012

Don't worry, TCB happy

Hey. As you can see from the poster, I'm in the current show on at TCB gallery.
Well, sort of.

I'm very excited to have been asked for a nice stack of copies of the Henson book that I talked about in the previous blog post to be included in the exhibition.

In this photo you can see a copy of the book there on the edge of the table, Christopher LG Hill was reading it before he put it down to do a performance.
The other day one of my closest friends described the book as "controversial (conservative)", which I think is hilarious, and probably pretty accurate.

I don't know if any copies have actually been sold, but I've lowered the price to $4. 

Send me an email if you want one but can't make it to the gallery.
It feels like it was ages ago when I made the book, although to put that into perspective there's a Bruce Nauman video also currently playing in the gallery; Bouncing Two Balls Between the Floor and Ceiling with Changing Rythyms, which was made in 1967.

I didn't see old Brucey at the opening, but I'm sure he'd be the first to tell me that nearly four years since making my book really isn't quite so long when you compare it with the 45 years since making his video.

And so, if all goes to plan, "The trouble with Bill" will get to be in another TCB exhibition in another 41 years.
 
One of the other artists with a video in the space is Andrew Liversidge, here's a photo I took of his video art self standing next to his real life self. Both are equally as interesting to watch.
There's a whole bunch of reading groups and lectures going on during the exhibition.
The show runs from June 20 to July 07, 
at Level 1/12 Waratah Place, Melbourne, 
open Wednesday to Saturday, 12-6pm,
bla, bla, bla, bla, bla.
thanks for reading, see you soon, 
everything is gonna TCB A O K.

No comments:

Post a Comment