Friday, December 23, 2011

T-shirt so good, come on baby make it t-shirt so good

Oh boy oh boy
It feels like only yesterday I regretted buying that t-shirt but decided in order to get my ten dollars worth I would wear it ten times.
Yakov, Harry Goaz, I know the two of you have been waiting patiently at your computers for days and days just clicking the refresh button over and over again, waiting for this post. Well, like they say; good things come to those who, you know, do that. and so here we are at number ten. The very last time I wore the elect ron tshirt!

In the unrealistic event that there are any new readers to this nonsense, welcome, hello, and let me just say that you are sure in for a treat, as it just so happens that you have stumbled onboard this journey during an incredibly momentous occasion. Now before I move on to number ten let's do a quick summary of the previous 9 times I wore the shirt;
1. swimming pool, opening
2. airport
3. eminem
4. hamish and andy and some openings
5. oslo davis
6. hot date
7. slept in the shirt
8. masters grad show opening
9. jury duty

and now, finally, numero teno-
The tenth time I wore the tshirt was to a party held by some of my friends who graduated from my course this year. The idea of the party was to have a big fire and everybody would burn all their unwanted art. I didn't bring any art, but I did bring a second top to change into.
And so that was that, I wore the shirt to the party, it took me two hours to get there, I wore it at the party for an additional hour or so and then I said goodbye to it.
It was sad watching it burn into nothing. After all it had done for me. It wasn't the tshirts fault that it had the bad joke and didn't fit right and strangled me while I wore it. Good old Elect Ron. He was actually something of a good luck charm. Which is probably why since this night my luck has grown considerably less good.

About fifteen minutes after I'd said goodbye to Elect ron a small army of fire fighters arrived and told us we had to put out the fire. I told them that we didn't start the fire, and that it was always burning since the world's been turning. Actually no I didn't. I said "Yes Sir right away I'm very, very sorry mister firemen".
Actually no I didn't say that either, although the people whose house it was said something similar to that affect but in a much manlier and cooler way while I watched on and took this high res photo.
So there you go.
And since this t-shirt saga has finally found some closure this blog can now officially have its ribbon cut, and can slowly begin to turn into something that much more accurately resembles an artist blog. I suppose I could always delete all these posts and start again. But I'm not sure that's such a good idea.
What do you think Harry Goaz?

4 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!!

    this is incred, love the photos
    Great post, thanks for sharing!

    if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
    let me know!
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen Umm, thanks for the comment, it made my morning, and yeah, i hope your christmas and new years are merry and happy as well.

    So ok, I looked into this whole bloglovin thing, I doubt I'll use the site, but seeing as though as far as I can tell you're the only girl to have looked at this blog I figured sure, ok, I'll get on board and see what it's about.
    So I signed up and am following you.
    So that's that. Thanks again.

    I've never met an Umm before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have watched Alice In Wonderland, you would have seen a Umm from Ummbridge :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ok cool, I read the book a few years ago but don't remember that. But so I looked it up and according to "The Disney Wiki" it's Um from Umbridge not Umm from Ummbridge.
    (http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Um_from_Umbridge)
    Although Disney might've gotten the spelling wrong, or of course that website might've gotten the spelling wrong. And besides, you did the right thing anyway as Umm is a much better last name than Um.
    Although Um from Umbridges last name wasn't Um, only her first name was.
    Anyway, I guess I've rambled enough now about the number of m's in your alias. Thanks for clearing it up for me Jen Ummm.

    ReplyDelete