Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A tough act to follow

Attention everybody, (by that I mean you Yakov in Russia), this blog officially now has "one followers". And so in celebration of this gigantic breakthrough I'd like to dedicate this post to you, the person that made it all possible; Harry Goaz from New Mexico.

Follow me, everything is alright, I'll be the one to tuck you in at night, and if you wanna leave I can guarantee, you won't find nobody else like me.

It's a little known fact that Uncle Kracker's blog was actually the inspiration for that classic bloggers anthem.

To be honest I'm not sure what exactly 'following' is, but I'm very happy to have you on board Harry Goaz. I suppose it just means you get notified when I make a post. Like right now, when I finish this one you will be notified. 

I could make a hundred posts in ten minutes just to fill up your 'dashboard'. But don't worry Harry Goaz, I would never do that. I will always respect the ancient relationship between a blogger and their follower.

I hope this post doesn't scare you away Harry Goaz. I don't know if I could go back to zero followers now that I've seen these dizzying heights of one.

Am I supposed to follow you back Harry Goaz? Is that the motive behind you following me? But surely then we'd just be going in circles. No, one of us has to be the leader.

Well, ok Harry Goaz, you win, because you showed such initiative, I'll follow you as well. 

Perhaps then I'll understand what following is all about. Maybe soon I'll be following ten thousand different bloggers, all traveling in opposite directions and pulling me apart like a Stretch Armstrong. 

For now though it's just you Harry Goaz. And maybe you'll even teach me something about New Mexico. Come to think of it, I was never actually that familiar with the old one... Ha, sorry Harry Goaz, I bet you New Mexicans get that all the time. If I want you to keep following me I'll have to be better than that won't I?

As for you Yakov in Russia, why aren't you following me? Oh Yakov why can't you be more like Harry Goaz?

I just realised how ridiculous this blog is becoming, this post is insane, and nobody that hasn't read the previous posts will know what I'm talking about, and I know for a fact that nobody has read the previous posts.

This was supposed to be a serious artist blog. And it will be. Soon. I just have to finish talking about the last four times I wore that t-shirt I hate. I'll do that quickly. I'll rap it all up in the next post or two, nice and tight like an Eminem verse.

Maybe I can save this train wreck. Maybe it's not too bad. I won't steer this blog off of a cliff just yet. Not now you're following me Harry Goaz.

And anybody reading this that isn't Harry Goaz, let me just be inspirational for a moment by reminding you that you should always follow you're instincts, always follow your heart, always follow your dreams, and always follow me. Click on the 'follow' button in the top left.

Oh and in the spirit of keeping you inspired a little bit longer, let me remind you as well that you should also always subscribe to your instincts, subscribe to your heart, subscribe to your dreams, and subscribe to my youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/kennypittock1.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, good old Harry Goaz, not only are you the first (and only) follower, but you're also the first (and also only) person to comment. You're the backbone of this whole blog.
    Still no word from Yakov though, perhaps the internet's been down in Russia. I think I remember reading somewhere that Russia isn't as good at computers as Australia or New Mexico. That must be it, there's no other explanation. But don't worry, I'm sure we'll hear from him once they get it up and running again.

    ReplyDelete