Saturday, December 10, 2011

hamish and andy and some openings

So ok, the shirt. I'm going to try and speed this up. The fourth time I wore it I went to see Hamish and Andy perform their last radio show for 2011. It was at some athletics track a half an hour tram ride from the CBD but I got a little lost and did a lot of it on foot. It was at the track because Hamish was going to do a backflip on a trampoline in a leopard costume, (which makes sense if you listen to the show), but I didn't get there until about 5.35, just moments after he'd done the flip. I heard everyone cheering about it as I approached the arena and then most of what I saw was people calling in to say how good it was and discussing ways they were going to celebrate.
It was a much smaller crowd than I'd expected, just me and a whole bunch of year nine and ten kids in school uniforms shouting "WE LOVE YOU HAMISH!" Oh and a 45 year old Chinese man in a grey suit with very pointy shoes. I never saw him laugh but on occasion he did smile and nod. He made me feel less silly for being there.
(As a side note, just because I didn't shout "I love you Hamish", doesn't mean I don't love Hamish)

After that I trekked back into the city to the opening at Platform, featuring my good friends Kate and Craig. Craig's the guy who curated the "Is It Straight?' show I was in at George Paton gallery a few months ago (http://union.unimelb.edu.au/georgepaton/is-it-straight. My work is the ice-creams and chupa chups)
As a second side note, Craig went to high school with Hamish and Andy.

Then I went to the Swinburne Pahran grad show at Pigment Gallery to give Lisa a copy of the "AVOID' book I've got a short writing piece in. I spent a lot longer there than I'd planned as I ran into Dan and.. this is really just turning into a diary. This is lame. I'm really just trying to say what I did in the shirt. But ok, like I said, I should speed this up. I'll make the future ones much less detailed.
Anyway so after that I was going to go to the show at Masato's but it was already nearly ten and it takes me an hour and a half to get home and I was worn out from Eminem and going out after the night before. So bla bla bla I trained back home and that's number four.

This t-shirt stuff won't make sense unless you've read the posts before this one. So, you know, if haven't read them, then read them. Maybe. If you like. Couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment